"When a woman stays at home and cooks with good judgment and understanding, peace and happiness result. She thus controls the family's health and destiny, also her husband's mood, disposition and feeling, and assures the futures of her children." - Jaques DeLangre

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Breakfast Time!


I Wish You Could Smell This!
I promise no one will miss the cold cereal when you serve up a breakfast like this one! Butch and I worked together to bake/blend/mix up this delicious meal! I made the Cinnamon Bread Sticks, and Butch made the scrambled eggs and the Fruity Yogurt.



Cinnamon Bread
Start with half a batch of basic soaked dough.



Knead a rounded teaspoon of Real Salt, and a rounded teaspoon of baking soda into the dough.



Butter your stone and roll out the dough evenly. Spread a thin layer of butter over the dough, and then a thin layer of Sucanat.



Sprinkle cinnamon over the whole thing and then bake at 350 for 25 minutes.



Let it cool for a few minutes and then use your pizza cutter to slice it into squares. Big Guy calls these squares "sugar cubes!"

Fruity Yogurt



I poured 1 quart of my homemade, raw milk yogurt into the blender. (If you're not making yogurt yet, don't worry! Dannon makes a great plain yogurt. Just be sure to buy the full fat kind, not low-fat. Brown Cow is another brand that is pretty easy to find.) Butch added 3 bananas, 5 frozen strawberries, and a 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla. Whiz that until it's well blended. It will be a little soupy. He poured the Fruity Yogurt into bowls and then I sprinkled a few teaspoons of Sucanat into each bowl.

What a great way to start the day!

6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Any ideas on where a person who lives in the middle of nowhere can find sucanat and other such items? Are they available to buy on the internet?
    BTW, I'm reading Neil Flinders book as well. Good stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could order it over the internet. I'll do some checking. What else are you having a hard time finding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, finding raw milk I think will be a challenge. I've just been contemplating the idea of a dairy goat. Or two..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goats would be great! Do you have room for them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made all 3 recipes for breakfast this morning and everyone loved it! Thanks for the great menu ideas. I always look forward to your new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete